Summary of RFP Proposals Exhitit A
Summary of RFP Proposals Exhibit B
BRHS Request For Proposal
Practices de Privacidad
Patient & Visitors Map
Here at Beaufort County Medical Center, we take pride in our wonderful volunteers. BCMC offers volunteer opportunities for people of all ages, ranging from junior volunteers who serve during the summer to traditional volunteers who serve throughout the year. If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Department at 252-975-4195.
Volunteers serve by:
• Providing general assistance to patients and staff
• Assisting with patient discharges
• Delivering flowers and mail
• Performing errands for Medical Center departments
• Performing clerical duties at our Health System owned practices
• Delivering meal trays
• Assisting patients and staff at the Marion L. Shepard Cancer Center
• The BCMC Volunteer Program started with 15 members in 1969. Today, more than 90 active
volunteers serve our health system. The youngest is age 14, and the oldest is over 90.
• The Volunteer Department hosts an annual Appreciation Luncheon to formally
• The Volunteer organization finances scholarships each year for high school graduates. Scholarship requirements include serving at least 32 hours each summer for three years.
• In addition to the traditional in house volunteers, the program includes home based volunteers who specialize in knitting and crocheting seasonal hats and blankets for newborns as well as turbans and lap blankets for cancer patients.
• The Junior Volunteer Program began in 1980. Junior volunteers serve during the summer season. They must be at least 14 years of age, have graduated from 8th grade, and have a minimum of a “B” average in school.